Welcome To The Gold Foundation
“Connecting young people with Asperger’s to the world around them”
The Gold Foundation is a not for profit organisation which provides support for young people with Asperger Syndrome and their families. Gold Foundation provides a holistic approach to assisting young people with Asperger Syndrome. We don’t just deliver programs; we go beyond and provide a ‘Centre’ with ongoing opportunities for these young people and their families to engage, creating a ‘community’. The Gold Foundation has been running programs from our centre for 10 years.
- Provide a place of belonging for young people with Asperger Syndrome and their families
- Provide Social Skills Training Programs for young people 6 -16 years
- Facilitate a Youth Group for 12 – 20 year olds
- Hold fun events for the whole family
- Provide seminars and workshops for parents/carers and families.
- Empower young people with Asperger Syndrome with the necessary skills to live full and engaging lives in our community.
- Act as a place of contact, support and resources for young people with Asperger Syndrome and their families
- Are a centre where young people with Asperger Syndrome and their families can meet, link with the community and support programs or other professionals.
We posed the question ‘Why do we need the Gold Foundation’ to a group of 14 to 16 year olds at the Centre and their collective response was;
“It’s quite simple… if we didn’t have the Gold Foundation Centre Asperger children would not have anywhere to go and we rely on the centre for assistance and help to overcome our difficulties. It’s our life line to cope in our everyday lives and it’s made us better people at school, home, everywhere. We would not be where we are today without the Gold Foundation”
Society looks at kids with disabilities and focuses on what they can’t do. We like to focus on what they CAN do and give them an opportunity to shine…like GOLD.
- Social Skills Training Programs
You Can Do It! for 12 – 15 year old’s
Term 3 & 4
What’s the Buzz? for 9 – 11 year old’s
Term 3 & 4
Sturt vs Glenelg SANFL Family Event
Round 16, Saturday August 12
‘Social Emotion Literacy’ Seminar
Madhavi Nawana Parker
Thursday 26th October
Gold Foundation 10th Birthday Celebration
Sunday 3rd December