Welcome To The Gold Foundation
“Connecting young people with Aspergers to the world around them”
The Gold Foundation is a not for profit organisation which provides support for young people with Asperger Syndrome and their families. Gold Foundation provides a holistic approach to assisting young people with Asperger Syndrome. We don’t just deliver programs; we go beyond and provide a ‘Centre’ with ongoing opportunities for these young people and their families to engage, creating a ‘community’. The Gold Foundation has been running programs from our centre for 10 years.
- Provide a place of belonging for young people with Asperger Syndrome and their families.
- Provide Social Skills Training Programs, Youth Groups and fun events for young people with Asperger Syndrome.
- Empower children with Asperger Syndrome with the necessary skills to live full and engaging lives in our community.
- Act as a place of contact, support and resources for young people with Asperger Syndrome and their families.
- Provide seminars and workshops for parents/carers and families of young people with Asperger Syndrome.
- Are a Centre where children with Asperger Syndrome and their families can meet, link with the community and support programs or other professionals.
We posed the question ‘Why do we need the Gold Foundation’ to a group of 14 to 16 year olds at the Centre and their collective response was;
“It’s quite simple… if we didn’t have the Gold Foundation Centre Asperger children would not have anywhere to go and we rely on the centre for assistance and help to overcome our difficulties. It’s our life line to cope in our everyday lives and it’s made us better people at school, home, everywhere. We would not be where we are today without the Gold Foundation”
Society looks at kids with disabilities and focuses on what they can’t do. We like to focus on what they CAN do and give them an opportunity to shine…like GOLD.
- Parent/Carer Educational Workshops
Thursday 20th October 2016
“Everyday ideas to build healthy, resilient young people”
Thursday 10th November 2016
“A window to the adolescent brain”
Mini Golf Family Fun Day
Saturday 15th October
Come & join in the fun!